On the “Parivahan” website, drivers licence holders can now change their address online. They won’t have to go to a Regional Transport Office (RTO) any more, hire agents, or pay them extra fees.
People need to have the correct and updated address on their driving license to avoid any problems.
To update your address on the Parvihan website, follow these steps:
- Visit the website for “Parivahan” (parivahan.gov.in)
- Click “Online Services.”
- Select “Driving License Related Services” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be taken to a new page after selecting your state.
- Select “Apply for Change of Address” from there.
- After scrolling down, select “Continue.”
- Your “Driving License Number,” “Date of Birth,” and the necessary “Captcha” must be entered.
- Verify that the driving information is accurate before clicking “Get DL Details.”
- Choose “RTO” and press “Proceed.”
- Add all necessary information and check the box next to “Change of address on DL.”
- Choose “Permanent”, “Present” or “Both” addresses and click on “Confirm”.
- Submit details and pay the processing fees.
- The procedure is complete and the address on the driving license will be updated.