Nine days in the month of February 2023 have been declared by the Reserve Bank of India as bank holidays. The second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays are also included in the holiday.
The banks continue to operate on the first and third Saturdays of each month. Banks will be closed nationwide on federal holidays, and some of these bank holidays will be state-specific.
Three categories of holidays have been introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Real-Time Gross Settlement Holidays, Holiday Under the Negotiable Instruments Act, and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
Here is a complete list of all the bank holidays that will happen in February 2023:
- 2nd February 2023: Holiday in Sikkim on the occasion of Sonam Losar
- 5th February 2023: Sunday
- 5th February 2023: Holidays are observed in Uttar Pradesh for Hazrat Ali Jayanti and in Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, and Punjab for Guru Ravidas Jayanti.
- 11th February 2023: Second Saturday
- 12th February 2023: Sunday
- 15th February 2023: Banks will remain closed in Imphal due to Lui-Ngai-Ni
- 18th February 2023: Due to Mahashivratri (Maha Vad-14)/Sivarathri, banks will be closed in the following cities: Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Dehradun, Hyderabad (AP and Telangana), Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- 19th February 2023: Sunday
- 19th February 2023: Holiday in Maharashtra due to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti
- 20th February 2023: Due to State Day, banks in Aizawl, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur will stay closed.
- 21st February 2023: Banks to remain shut in Gangtok due to Losar
- 25th February 2023: Fourth Saturday
- 26th February 2023: Sunday