Diwali, known as the festival of lights, joy, and abundance, is a time for exchanging gifts and embracing prosperity. It’s also a season when many individuals consider launching new ventures. For those seeking a steady income from their savings, fixed deposits are a favored choice.
Fixed Deposit: Diwali, a celebration of illumination, joy, and prosperity, is a time for the exchange of gifts and the launch of new business ventures. Fixed deposits hold significant appeal for those seeking a stable income from their savings, as they offer low-risk investments with guaranteed returns that safeguard one’s capital. This Diwali, consider securing your financial future by investing in fixed deposits. However, there are essential factors to bear in mind before venturing into fixed deposits during this festive season.
- Interest Rates: When investing, carefully consider the interest rates offered by various banks and financial institutions. Compare FD rates to determine which institution provides a more favorable rate. For instance, Bajaj Finance offers an annual interest rate of 8.60%, with a slightly higher rate of 8.35% for senior citizens.
- Period: The tenure or time frame plays a pivotal role in FD investments. Typically, longer tenures yield higher interest rates. Many banks offer elevated interest rates for FDs with tenures ranging from 1 to 3 years.
- Amount: Each bank specifies different minimum and maximum FD amounts. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with the specific rules and requirements of your chosen bank before investing.
- Payment of Interest: Understand the frequency of interest payments, whether they are disbursed quarterly, annually, or upon maturity. Different banks may have varying practices in this regard.
- FD Return Calculator: Utilize an FD Return Calculator to calculate the projected interest earnings, aiding in informed decision-making.
- Tax Implications: Be aware that the interest accrued from FDs is subject to taxation. Familiarize yourself with the tax implications associated with your investment.
- Safety: Prior to investing in any small finance bank, conduct thorough research and verify its credit rating to ensure the safety and reliability of your chosen institution.