The PAN card, a 10-digit unique alphanumeric number given by the Income Tax (I-T) Department, is a crucial document for everyone, from banking services to ITR filing. However, there are a few essential factors that everyone must adhere to. For a minor violation, an individual must pay a fine of Rs 10,000.
Fill 10 digit PAN number carefully
Everyone must carefully fill out the 10 digit PAN number to avoid any legal issues or financial loss. Any spelling error made while entering the PAN card details may result in a hefty fine. Additionally, if a person possesses two PAN cards, a fine will need to be paid.
Keep PAN Card with you always
A person must only own one PAN card in addition to carefully filling out the 10 digits of the details. A person is subject to paying a significant fine if they possess two PAN cards. The I-T Department will revoke such a PAN card and impose a fine as a punishment, in accordance with the law. Additionally, if a PAN card expires, a bank account may be frozen. The second PAN card must be sent in to the department right away in accordance with the established procedures.
A person who provides incorrect PAN information may be penalised Rs 10,000 by the I-T Department in accordance with Section 272B of the I-T Act, 1961. When submitting an Income Tax Return (ITR) form or in other circumstances where PAN card information must be submitted, this section is particularly pertinent.
- How to make online PAN Card corrections:
- Visit the UTIITSL portal or Protean eGov Technologies Limited.
- Fill out the online PAN Change Request Form.
- Give your PAN number in full.
- The settings that you want to edit should have a checkbox next to them.
- If you are altering the spelling of your name, type the new spelling and tick the box in the left margin.
- Please take note that the changes will not be made if the checkbox is not selected.
- Verify all of your information before submitting the form.
- Upon confirmation of your changes, a 15-digit acknowledgement number will be shown. Save this number since you will need it for future communications or to check the status of your application.
- Make the payment, print the receipt, and attach the necessary documents.
- It should be sent to the Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by Protean eGov Technologies Limited).
- You must send the necessary documents to any one of the UTIITSL offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi, or Chennai if you are submitting the document through the UTIITSL website.